Baby bok choi with warm miso and ginger dressing
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 300g grapeseed oil
- 15g Panko breadcrumbs
- 15g sesame seeds
- 1 tsp red miso powder
- 60g light miso paste
- 20g soy sauce
- 20g lime juice
- 20g fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g fine salt
- 6 heads baby bok choi, halved
For the Panko and sesame crumb
For the miso and ginger dressing
To cook the bok choi and finish
- To make the crumb, preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the grapeseed oil to 200°C in a pan and fry the Panko crumbs until golden. Remove and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. In the meantime, spread the sesame seeds out on a tray and toast in the oven until golden brown. Combine the Panko crumbs, sesame seeds and miso powder in a bowl.
- For the miso & ginger dressing, add 40g water to a bowl and add all the dressing ingredients, whisking well to combine. Set aside.
- To cook the bok choi, bring 2 litres of salted water to the boil and blanch the bok choi for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Remove and plunge into ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your Gas or Charcoal BBQ and grill the bok choi until noticeably charred. Remove and lightly dress with the miso dressing. Top with the Panko and sesame crumb.