Whole grilled flank steak with wild garlic chimichurri
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 60g basil
- 60g wild garlic
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 chilli, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 115g white wine vinegar
- 4g fine salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 flank steak (650g)
- rock salt
For the chimichurri
- Blanch the basil and wild garlic in boiling water for 30 seconds, then remove and plunge into a bowl of iced water.
- Place the garlic and chilli, basil and wild garlic into a blender along with the vinegar and olive oil and blend until smooth. Adjust the seasoning with lemon juice and salt.
- Trim the flank steak of excess fat and sinew, leaving only a layer of the fat on top. Season with rock salt.
- Heat your Charcoal BBQ and grill fat-side down over hot coals to render and crisp, then turn the flank steak. The coals will have cooled a little, so finish cooking the flank until the internal temperature reads 52- 55°C on a probe thermometer. Remove and rest for 10 minutes.
- Spoon over the chimichurri, then slice the flank to serve. Finish with a sprinkle of rock salt.