Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 60g mayonnaise
- 35g tomato ketchup
- 9g French’s mustard
- 100g unsalted butter
- ¾ tsp liquid smoke
- 4 burger patties
- reserved smoked butter
- 4 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- reserved burger sauce
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
- 12 rings white onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 4 slices beef tomato, sprinkled with salt and sugar
- 12 slices gherkins
For the burger sauce
For the smoked butter
To cook and finish the burger
- To make the burger sauce, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard in a large bowl, whisking well to combine. Set aside.
- For the smoked butter, gently melt the butter over a low heat, then remove from the heat and add the liquid smoke, whisking well to combine. Set aside and keep in a liquid state.
- To cook the burgers, light the coals on the FUSION BBQ and once glowing white, lightly season both sides of each patty with salt and place on the grill, flipping the burgers every 20 seconds until the core temperature reads 65°C on a thermometer probe. Remove and place on a cooling rack placed over a tray. Brush each patty with a teaspoon of smoked butter and place a slice of cheese on each patty.
- In the meantime, halve the brioche buns and lightly toast on the grill and brush with smoked butter. Spread two teaspoons of burger sauce on each bun’s top half and place the patty on each bun’s bottom half.
- Top the patty with lettuce, onion, tomato and gherkin slices. Top with the top bun and serve.