Lemon Butter Salmon w/ Pistachio + Preserved Lemon Salsa
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 800g (4 x 200g) Huon salmon portions
- 3 zucchini, sliced into half lengthways on the diagonal
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 tbs Squeaky Gate The Mild One extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs Western Star Original Salted Butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 preserved lemon, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Squeaky Gate extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
Lemon Butter Salmon + Zucchini
Pistachio + Preserved Lemon Salsa
- Ignite charcoal in the FUSION, leaving a section clear of coals to have a cooler space.
Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the pistachios to the pan and cook, tossing, for 5 minutes, until lightly toasted all over. Tip onto a chopping board and finely chop. Add to a bowl along with the remaining ingredients for the Pistachio + Preserved Lemon Salsa. Mix well and allow to sit and marinade until ready to serve.
Season the salmon and zucchini on both sides with salt and pepper, generously drizzle over the olive oil and massage into the salmon flesh and the skin and into the zucchini. Add the salmon to the BBQ grill, skin side down for 4 minutes, until the skin is crisp enough to lift up off the grates without sticking. Flip the salmon and cook for another 2-4 minutes, until browned on the top and cooked to your liking. Grill the zucchini on the grill at the same time for 2-3 minutes each side until charred and tender. Slice zucchini into smaller, bite size pieces and set aside, ready for serving.
For the lemon butter, heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, swirling the pot often, until butter is slightly golden. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice, stirring to combine.
Drizzle the lemon butter over the salmon and zucchini, then spoon over the Salsa, to serve.
Recipe: Hayden Quinn
As seen on Channel 10’s Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn