Pomegranate and fennel rack of lamb
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 2 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 30g olive oil
- 50g pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp garlic, finely grated
- 2 racks of lamb
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fennel bulbs
- olive oil
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime
Pomegranate and Fennel Rack of Lamb
- Make a marinade by combining the oregano, fennel seeds, olive oil, pomegranate molasses and garlic. Season racks of lamb with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sear on half of a preheated FORCE or FURNACE BBQ over high heat. Once seared, move the rack over to the other half of the FORCE or FURNACE set to low. Begin to baste the rack with the marinade and cook until the core temperature reaches 50°C. Remove from the heat and rest on a cooling rack over a tray, reserving any juice.
- Shave fennel bulbs on mandolin to a medium thickness. Toss in a little olive oil. Place the slices of fennel on the teppanyaki plate and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until soft. Remove from the grill and place in a bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds and reserved lamb juice. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of freshly-squeezed lime juice.
- Carve the lamb rack into chops and serve with the fennel salad.