Salt and vinegar puffed pork skins
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 1 piece of pork skin (approx. 20 x 20cm)
- vegetable oil
- malt vinegar
- Using a very sharp knife, remove excess fat from the pork skin. Place the skin in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 3 hours. Carefully remove the softened, cooked pork skin using a slotted spoon and place on a tray lined with kitchen paper. Pat dry with kitchen paper and allow to cool. Preheat the oven or dehydrator to 70°C. Place the pork skin out on a tray and place the tray in the oven for 12 hours.
- Break the pork skin into 1-inch size pieces and toss in a little vegetable oil to evenly coat.
- Preheat the FUSION or HUB BBQ. Place the pork skin into the rotisserie tumbler accessory and attach it onto the rotisserie rod and clamp in place. Insert the rod onto the poles on the lowest setting and start rotation, cooking at the highest heat without flame. The skin will start to sizzle and puff after a few minutes. After approximately 8 minutes, check to see if the pork skins have puffed and turned white.
- Carefully remove the rotisserie tumbler from the rod and open it over a tray, tipping the puffed pork out. Season with salt and a drizzle of malt vinegar and serve immediately.